Coast to Coast
Published in 2018 Rucksack Readers expanded and fully revised second edition of this guidebook covers the challenging coast-to-coast walk from St Bees on the Cumbria coast to Robin Hood’s Bay on the North Sea.
Freshly commissioned mapping with relief colour and 25-metre contour interval appears on 25 of its pages. It covers many of Wainwright’s preferred route options, but it weighs under 300g/10 oz.
This guidebook contains all you need to plan and enjoy the Coast to Coast:
- concise directions (revised 2018) for the route walked west to east
- 25 pages of easy-to-follow mapping (1:55,000)
- altitude profiles for each section and for route options
- background on geology, history and wildlife
- pros and cons of high-level route options
- ten top tips from experienced Coast-to-Coasters
- bonus content free to download
- contact details for accommodation and transport
- features on St Bees, Grasmere, Richmond and Robin Hood’s Bay
- over 150 superb colour photographs
- 126pp, 145 x 220mm, 300g
- rucksack-friendly and on rainproof paper
- lightweight, open-flat format - concealed wire binding allows book to lie flat when opened.
Published by Rucksack Readers July 2018.