West Highland Way
The West Highland Way is the first, and most famous, of Scotland’s Great Trails, running for 96 miles (154 km) through superb scenery.
This new edition of this West Highland Way guidebook describes the route from Milngavie northward, including the improved lochside path north of Rowardennan and the final “extra mile” into Fort William. It has large-scale mapping, photographs and is light and rainproof.
This guidebook contains all you need to plan and enjoy the West Highland Way:
- the West Highland Way in sections, with summaries of distance, terrain and altitude profiles
- where to find food and drink, accommodation and how to split the distance
- concise background on the history, heritage and wildlife
- information about side-trips, e.g. Ben Lomond and Ben Nevis
- background information about Loch Lomond, history, habitats and wildlife
- planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
- 15 pages with detailed route mapping at 1:42,500
- in full colour, with 120 photographs
- 80pp, 130 x 220mm, 165g
- rucksack-friendly and on rainproof paper
- lightweight, open-flat format - concealed wire binding allows book to lie flat when opened.
Published by Rucksack Readers March 2020.