Wales Coast Path: Llŷn Peninsula
This Official Guide to the Llŷn Peninsula section (from Bangor to Porthmadog) of the Wales Coast Path contains everything local and long-distance walkers need.
The Llŷn offers some of the finest coastal walking in North Wales. Its distinctive landscape is characterised by traditional farms, compact villages, and volcanic hills encircled by the ever-present sea. Along the way, you’ll pass Iron Age hillforts, pilgrims’ churches, medieval castles, a hidden valley, a pub on the beach, tiny coves, sandy bays, and Bardsey island balanced at the tip of this ancient ‘Land’s End of Wales’. Keep an eye out, too, for seabirds, wild goats, choughs, seals, dolphins, wildflowers, and butterflies.
This Official Guide contains everything local and long-distance walkers need to enjoy the path and includes:
- An overview of the Llyn Peninsula with dedicated history and wildlife sections
- Nine day-walk sections with detailed route descriptions and full, enhanced Ordnance Survey mapping
- Distance charts, section overviews, background information and interpretation of places of interest
- Stunning professional photographs throughout
- Information on accommodation, public transport, local information, weather, and tidal links.
The Llŷn coast path really is a walkers’ paradise.
Published by Northern Eye Books (fourth edition 2023).