John Muir Way
Rucksack Reader's guidebook, updated in 2018, contains all you need to plan and enjoy the John Muir Way. The route is as suitable for cyclists as for walkers, and it can be tackled as a coast-to-coast expedition or in sections – typically ten for walkers or five for cyclists.
This second edition includes the latest route updates approaching Strathblane and in Linlithgow, as well as the Three Lochs Way option leaving Helensburgh. It has mapping at 1:75,000 on 20 of its pages.
- background on John Muir’s life, the canal heritage and wildlife
- detailed description of the route from west to east
- summary of each section showing distance, terrain and food/drink stops
- details of visitor attractions and side-trips
- planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
- detailed mapping of the John Muir Way on 20 pages at 1:75,000
- in full colour, with 100 photographs
- further route options, diversions and an unofficial shortcut
- 84pp, 145 x 220mm, 230g
- rucksack-friendly and on rainproof paper
- lightweight, open-flat format - concealed wire binding allows book to lie flat when opened.
Published by Rucksack Readers April 2018.