John Muir Way
This is the 3rd edition of the Rucksack Reader's John Muir Way guidebook, published in 2023. This rainproof guide contains all you need to plan and enjoy the John Muir Way. The route is as suitable for cyclists as for walkers, and it can be tackled as a coast-to-coast expedition or in sections – typically ten for walkers or five for cyclists.
The John Muir Way runs across Scotland for 134 miles (216km) from Helensburgh on the Clyde to Dunbar on the North Sea coast. The route is fully waymarked and is served by good public transport allowing it to tackled in sections. The trail passes a wealth of fine scenery, peaceful canal towpaths, Roman remains, the Forth bridges and many welcoming pubs and B&Bs.
The guidebook provides:
- detailed description of the route from west to east, updated in 2023
- information about John Muir’s life and work
- detailed mapping of the John Muir Way on 22 pages at 1:75,000
- illustrated background on the canal heritage and wildlife
- public transport information
- information on visitor attractions close to the trail
- colour photography of the trail
Published by Rucksack Readers 2023